Thursday, March 22, 2018
Text Size
  • How do I get my drinking water tested?

You must come to our office for a laboratory sample bottle to collect your water sample. Water testing costs $14.00 for residents $17.00 for non-residents of the county.

  • What do you test for?

Our lab is only certified for bacterial water testing. We can do some chemical screens.

  • I need a licensed inspector for my well and septic system for the sale of my home.  Who do I contact?

Licensed Well and Septic Inspectors for Real Estate Sale in Jefferson County Area

  • Who do I call to register for ServSafe Managers Training or the Basic Sanitation Course?

Contact the Jefferson College at (636) 797-3144.

  • What does ServSafe Managers Training Cost?


  • What does Basic Sanitation Training Cost?

$20.00 when taken at Jefferson College - includes booklet.
$15.00 when taken on-line at

  • How long is ServSafe Managers Training good for?

Five years. You must retest to recertify for ServSafe Managers Training when your certification expires.

  • How long is Basic Sanitation Training good for?

Three Years. You must take another course to obtain a new foodhandlers certificate.

  • How long is the ServSafe Managers Training?

16 hours. The course is taught on two days seven days apart.
Shorter class times are periodically available - call for more information

  • How long is Basic Sanitation Training?

Two and a half hours.

  • I have lost my certificate. How do I get a new one?

The health department will provide a copy of your basic sanitation certificate at no cost. If you need a copy of your ServSafe Certificate you will need to contact the National Restaurant Association.

  • My Landlord will not make repairs to my residence and there is mold every where.

Due to a lack of operating revenue our Indoor Air Program has been suspended. Our office is only able to send out literature regarding mold, its dangers and remediation methods. We can't do environmental inspections at this time. Refer to your lease. If you do not have a lease download a copy of the Landlord Tenant Law to review your rights and responsibilities.

  • My neighbor has trash all over their property, who do I call?

Jefferson County Code Enforcement has authority over solid waste in Jefferson County. Contact them at (636) 797-5036

  • My neighbor's private septic system is leaking sewage onto my property, who do I call?

Jefferson County Building Commission has authority over the installation and maintenance of onsite sewage systems in unincorporated Jefferson County. Contact them at (636) 797-5310

  • Storm water runs off of my neighbors property onto mine and it is causing damage, who do I call?

Jefferson County Storm Water Control has authority over storm water complaints. Contact them at (636) 797-6454

  • My neighbor never cuts his grass, what can I do?

At this time there is not a county ordinance that requires property owners to maintain their lawns. No agency including the heatlh department can require a property owner to cut their lawn in unincorporated Jefferson County.

  • I became ill after eating at a restaurant.

We recommend you see your physician for diagnosis. Contact our office to make a report at (636) 797-3737 or (636) 282-1010, ext. 264.

  • A restaurant I recently ate at was dirty or the employees were not practicing good hygiene.

Contact our office at (636) 797-3737, extension 3.

  • My neighbors dog or cat bit me or I was bitten by a wild or stray animal.

We recommend you see a physician without delay and that you contact our office immediately to file a report at (636) 797-3737.

  • What do I need to get a Temporary Food and Beverage Permit?

Contact our office at (636) 797-3737. We will mail or fax you the requirements. Also download our Temporary Food Service Requirements.

  • My well water smells like "rotten eggs".

You might find suggestions that will help with this problem by using the "Rotten Egg Odor Remedies"

Login Form